Philip has more than 30 years of public accounting experience, having worked in a Big Four firm, mid-tier firm and a local practice before joining BDO LLP in 2011.
Philip heads the Professional Services Practice Group and co-heads the Technology, Media & Entertainment, Telecommunications Practice Group in Singapore.
Philip is currently involved in audits for a diverse portfolio of listed and privately held entities, ranging from multi-national companies to local SMEs. Philip has experience in auditing of various industries including media & entertainment, telecommunication, marine supply and logistics, manufacturing, trading, construction, and other professional and service industries. These clients have operations in Southeast Asia, Australia, China and Europe.
Philip’s experience also includes out-sourced secondment as head of internal audit. He has also led teams in the preparation of companies for public floatation.
Professional Qualifications and Affiliations
- Fellow Practising Member, Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA)
- Member and Chairman of Sports Sub-Committee, ISCA Community, Social and Sports Advisory Panel (2012 to 2018)
- Member, Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority - Complaints and Disciplinary Panel (2013 to 2019)
- Member, ISCA - Investigation and Disciplinary Panel (2016 to present)
- Member, ISCA – Public Accounting Practice Committee (2022 to present)