Nelson has extensive tax compliance, audit and investigation experience from Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS), two of the Big Four International Accounting Firms and a local Tax Consultancy Firm. In IRAS, Nelson was a Senior Tax Investigator who had conducted tax investigation on individuals and companies and had assisted IRAS legal department in prosecuting tax evasion cases in court. In the two Big Four International Accounting Firms where he took on managerial position, he led a team to provide tax compliance and advisory services.
Prior to joining BDO, Nelson was a Director with a local tax consultancy firm focusing on IRAS tax audit and investigation advisory services. His key achievements include negotiating and settling IRAS investigation cases out-of-court for many clients.
- Accredited Tax Advisor (Income Tax) of Singapore Chartered Tax Professionals (SCTP)
- Accredited Tax Practitioner (GST) of Singapore Chartered Tax Professionals (SCTP)
- Non-Practising member of Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA)
- Bachelor of Accountancy, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Master of Business Administration (Finance), Leicester University, United Kingdom