Eric has over 18 years of professional experience providing clients with M&A Advisory and Transaction Support services having worked in Singapore, London and Kuala Lumpur. These involved sectors such as insurance, manufacturing, business services, food & beverage, oil & gas, construction, logistics, healthcare, real estate, telecommunications and retail/distribution.
For M&A advisory, Eric has extensive experience in advising and assisting sellers of business with valuations of S$20 million and above, covering deal execution from origination to completion and also post-deal support.
For buy-side Transaction Support, Eric had supported transactions of listed companies, private companies and private equity houses across multiple sectors in the Asia-Pacific region.
Before joining BDO, Eric has been a director with a big-four and a mid-tier accounting firm, providing similar M&A advisory and Transaction Support services.
Professional Qualifications and Affiliations
- Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA)
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA)
Area of specialisations
- M&A Advisory including deal origination, project management and managing completion
- Transaction Support including Financial Due Diligence
Sell-side M&A Advisory (Completed deals)
- Assisted a leading gourmet deli meats manufacturer and distributor in Singapore, in its majority stake sale to a private equity house;
- Assisted a Singapore based speciality chemical distributor, in its 100% stake sale to a German chemical distributor;
- Assisted a Singapore based heavy equipment leasing operator, in its significant minority stake sale to a Japanese conglomerate;
- Assisted a Singapore based seafood processor and distributor, in its 100% stake sale to a private equity house;
- Assisted a Singapore bolts and nuts manufacturer serving the oil & gas industry, in its controlling stake sale to a private equity house;
- Assisted a Singapore listed property developer, in an S$1.5 billion deal on its commercial/residential assets.
Recent transaction support experiences include:
- Assisted a Singapore listed company and private equity house in its joint acquisition of a carved out medical waste business of a Singapore listed company;
- Assisted a Singapore listed company in its acquisition of a Singapore advertising and media business;
- Assisted a private equity house in its acquisition of a leading silicon distributor, headquartered in Singapore;
- Assisted a private equity house in its investment in a Singapore listed company providing integrated engineering solution services;
- Assisted a private equity house in its acquisition of a Malaysian group producing die-casting products;
- Assisted a UK based MNC in its acquisition of a Singapore retail business;
- Assisted a Japan-based MNC in its acquisition in a Singapore based IT solutions company.