PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES IN THE LIGHT OF CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) OUTBREAK
31 January 2020
The information below will be updated regularly when new precautionary measures implemented in accordance with governmental advisory.
updated on 7 February 2020, 12 February 2020, 13 March 2020, 16 March 2020, 23 March 2020, 25 March 2020, 27 March 2020
On 30 January 2020, the World Health Organisation (WHO) declared the Coronavirus (COVID-19) constitutes a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC). On Friday, 7 February 2020, The Ministry of Health (MOH) in Singapore raised the Disease Outbreak Response System Condition (DORSCON) level from Yellow to Orange. On 11 March 2020, WHO characterised COVID-19 as a pandemic.
We continuously monitor the situation and will calibrate our response accordingly to protect the well-being of our staff, clients and business partners in line with the government advisory. Precautionary measures in place as follows:-
- Staff member returning from overseas travel will serve Leave of Absence (LOA) and will work from home for 14 days. Staff will be serve LOA if any of their family members or roommates living under the same address who returned from overseas travel. The same applies for staff whose family served with Stay-Home Notice (SHN) or Quarantine Order (QO).
- Any staff served with Stay-Home Notice (SHN), and Quarantine Order (QO) must comply with the restriction order.
- All travel deferred or cancelled
- Staff reminded to be vigilant and take necessary precautionary measures if they have travelled overseas
- Staff are instructed to monitor their health closely and must seek medical attention immediately when they fall ill even if it is mild.
- Staff must conduct temperature check twice-daily and record their temperature reading on our online temperature log. Random audit will be carried out on the register to ensure compliance.
- Staff who are recovering from an illness must wear a mask.
- Team segregation and Work-from-Home implemented as part of our business continuity plan to minimise the impact of the spread of the virus and business disruptions.
- Staff official work hours adjusted temporarily to two-shifts work hours with staggered shorter lunch breaks to minimise social interaction and 'crowding' in the office. The measure is also intended that our staff can commute on public transport during the non-peak period to minimise exposure. Our new work hour is from 8 am to 5.30 pm.
- We implemented safe-distancing of one metre or more for seating arrangements at staff workstations, meeting rooms, pantries, staff lounges, and guests reception area.
- Limit staff movement/interaction from different floors and departments, limit face-to-face meetings/interactions as much as possible
- All meeting sessions must not exceed ten participants at any one time
- Staff are encouraged to use digital communications tools for internal and external communications
- All visitors visiting the office will undergo temperature screening and must declare their travel history on our prescribed online declaration form.
- All large-scale events, training and meetings deferred or cancelled.
The above precautionary measures are aimed at minimising the risk of spread of the virus. We have set-up a task force who will monitor the situation closely. We will implement and calibrate our precautionary measures as needed as the virus outbreak evolved.
We appreciate your cooperation and regret any inconvenience caused.
For the latest news and updates on the virus outbreak, please refer to www.moh.gov.sg.
For enquiries, please contact:
Muhammad Noor Bin Amin
Senior Manager, Marketing Communications
Tel: +65 6829 9630