Due to popular demand, we are having a third run for the webinar on 9 November 2022. This will be the final run before the GST rate changes on 1 January 2023, we will incorporate more case studies based on the questions collated from the last two sessions.
On 18 February 2022, the Minister for Finance announced in Budget 2022 that the GST rate increase will take place in two stages:
- From 7% to 8% with effect from 1 January 2023; and
- From 8% to 9% with effect from 1 January 2024.
Businesses should understand and plan for the upcoming rate adjustment, which is less than three months away. Join us in the webinar, where we will highlight the critical points that businesses should be aware of. We will explain the transitional rules for sales transactions that span the GST rate change to ensure you understand the rules and prepare ahead for the needful operational and system changes.
- The concept of general time of supply rule and “Basic Tax Point”.
- Transitional rules for supplies and reverse charge supplies straddling GST rate change.
- Transitional rules for special situations such as continuous supplies and goods put to private use without consideration.
- Contracts or agreements straddling the rate change.
- Method of apportionment of the value of goods delivered or services performed straddling the rate change.
- Invoicing requirements, credit note, price display, volume-related rebates and returned goods affected by the rate change.
- Key areas to be better prepared ahead of the rate change.
9 November 2022
3:00 pm to 5:00 pm (SGT)
Fees (inclusive of GST)
S$50 (BDO clients/alumni) | S$80 (Public) per person
By submitting your details, you agree to us processing your data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy.
The organiser reserves the right to change the date and programme due to circumstances outside our control. Registration is on a first-come first-served basis and you will receive the webinar link via email (nearer the date) when your registration is confirmed.