Our 60-minute seminar aims to provide an overview of the must-knows when investing into Australian properties. Specifically, the session will cover: -
- Property ownership in Australia – ownership rules, approval requirements and approval process;
- Tax structuring into Australian property – a comparison of structures for the holding of properties for development and/ or leasing, as well as an introduction to thin capitalisation rules and transfer pricing rules;
- Duties and other taxes that apply on acquisition and sale;
- Australia’s tax residency rules and its implications – taxability of income, gift taxes, inheritance taxes, including inbound and outbound planning.
Date: Tuesday, 22 August 2017
Time: 10 am – 11 am (Registration starts at 9.45 am)*
Venue: Nanyang Room, 600 North Bridge Road, #17-01 Parkview Square, Singapore 188778
Fee: Complimentary (limited to two persons per organisation)
Note: Registration is on a first-come-first-served basis and you will be informed via email (nearer the event date) when your registration is confirmed.
*Actual time and duration may differ slightly.
Mark is a tax partner with BDO in Australia with over 30 years’ experience in adding value to high net wealth families. He is the trusted adviser to 20 family groups with net collective wealth of over 2 billion dollars. He is also a specialist in family business consulting and has a particular interest in providing taxation structuring advice, succession planning and transfer of wealth to the next generation.
- International tax - inbound and outbound
- Family business consulting
- Succession, strategic and estate planning
- Sale of business, mergers and acquisitions
- Property and property simplification
- Taxation and coporate consulting