The extension of OVR from 1 January 2023 will affect various stakeholders throughout the entire supply chain. Traditionally, overseas vendors supplying goods or services to Singapore customers or marketplace operators may not be liable to collect GST on behalf of the Singapore government.
With the impending changes, overseas suppliers, marketplace operators and even redeliverers in the supply chain would be responsible to collect and remit GST to the Singapore tax authority. What are some of the considerations of the various stakeholders in the supply chain?
Join us in this exclusive webinar where Ms Eu Chin Sien, Executive Director, Head of Goods and Services Tax at BDO Singapore along with Senior Tax Officers at the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) as our speakers. The speakers/facilitators and panellists from IRAS include Ms Anna Poh (Principal Tax Auditor), Ms Cheryl Ong (Manager) and Ms Wong Sze Teen (Group Tax Specialist). Mr Fady Abi Abdallah, Indirect Tax Partner of BDO Australia will also be sharing the experiences/challenges faced by businesses when Australia first implemented similar rules in 2018.
- Overview of Singapore’s current OVR and reverse charge regimes
- Overview of the extension of GST to imported low-value goods and non-digital services
- Key policy features of the GST regimes for imported low-value goods and remote services
- Implications of the GST changes to existing and new OVR Vendors
- Time of supply and Transitional Rules
- Preparing for the GST changes
- BDO Australia Indirect Tax Partner Sharing
- BDO Singapore GST Partner Sharing
- Questions and Answers
19 May 2022 (Registration closed)
9:00 pm to 10:30 pm (SGT) | 6:00 am to 7:30 am (PST) | 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm (CET)
By submitting your details, you agree to us processing your data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy.
The organiser reserves the right to change the date and programme due to circumstances outside our control. Registration is on a first-come first-served basis and you will receive the webinar link via email (nearer the date) when your registration is confirmed.