It has become increasingly important for companies as an employer, to keep abreast of their compliance requirements as various regulators are increasing their audit activities to ensure employers understand their various compliance responsibilities.
The Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) is still actively conducting the audit on employer’s reporting compliance, and various methods are employed in its audit. In the last three years, the Central Provident Fund Board (CPF) has stepped up its audit activity to check on the correctness of CPF contributions made by the employer. At the same time, the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) is increasing its audit on employers’ knowledge of the application of the Employment Act.
Generally where lapses in compliance are discovered by the regulators, heavy penalties and fines may be imposed and even prosecution of the responsible officers. Employers who volunteer to remediate their past errors before an audit can have their potential penalties reduced.
- Recent changes to legal requirements and guidelines update on remuneration reporting, CPF contributions and employment law
- What triggers audits by the MOM, IRAS and CPF Board and how to mitigate the risk of such an audit and the potential penalties.
- How should you handle an audit ?
- Personal Data Protection Act – with more scrutiny on employer’s compliance, what do employers need to know?
- Wu Soo Mee – Executive Director, People Tax Advisory, BDO Tax Advisory Pte Ltd
- Jennifer Chih – Partner, PK Wong & Associates LLC
Date: Monday, 24 September 2018*
Time: 8.30 am to 11.00 am
Venue: Nanyang Room, BDO Tax Advisory Pte Ltd, 600 North Bridge Road, #17-01 Parkview Square, Singapore 188778
Fee*: Complimentary (limited to two persons per organisation)
*Due to popular demand, we are now accepting registration for the third run. Registration for the first and second run on the 5 Sep and 11 Sep are full.
The organiser reserves the right to change the venue, date and programme due to circumstances outside our control. Registration is on a first-come first-served basis and you will be inform via email (nearer the event date) when your registration is confirmed. Actual time and duration may differ